JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide case management to homeless families and to coordinate the
program components of the Family Promise Affiliate – host congregations, volunteers, referring
and supporting agencies, day center, and transportation – for the effective provision of services
to homeless guests. The director reports to the Board of Trustees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide case management to all guest families to include: conducting intake interviews
with prospective families utilizing pre-qualify criteria; developing family plans; meeting
with guests to monitor progress in securing housing, employment, job training, and
entitlements; assisting guests with social service needs and/or referring them to other
organizations as appropriate; advocating with agencies for guests as needed; and other
duties as deemed necessary to support guest families.
2. Coordinate all Affiliate components to administer program:
a. Maintain regular contact with coordinators and other individuals at each host
congregation as necessary.
b. Communicate regularly with referring and supporting agencies and the day center staff.
Actively participate in providers’ groups and other forums with social service agencies.
c. Organize and schedule transportation, including drivers and van maintenance. Manage
schedule changes and any other transportation matters related to Family Promise.
3. Train coordinators and hosts in all new host congregations and conduct annual volunteer
training for each host congregation thereafter.
4. Plan Family Promise Committee agenda and convene the Family Promise Committee every
six to eight weeks, or as necessary.
5. Maintain records on operations and guests’ progress. Provide reports as requested by the
Board of Trustees and as required for funding sources. When requested, provide statistical
and other information to Family Promise in a timely manner.
6. Hire and supervise additional staff.
7. Be on call for emergencies during off-hours as scheduled.
8. Manage daily expenses and other operational duties as requested by the board.
9. Work with the board president to plan board meetings. Work with board committees as
10. Represent the Affiliate to the public and the media.
11. Coordinate master schedule of host congregations, updating as necessary to reflect
12. Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate for director is an enthusiastic individual with good judgment and
compassion for others. He or she enjoys working with people and helping them solve their
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in a field related to social services, and
– Minimum three years’ experience in a social service related position is required
– M.S.W. (Master’s of Social Work) or related education and experience beyond the
bachelor’s degree is preferred
– Experience in managing volunteers is desirable.
– Counseling skills: ability and experience in counseling clients in a social service setting
– Communication skills, oral and written: ability to make presentations to large groups
– Planning and organizational skills: ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
– Interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
– Leadership skills: ability to make decisions, delegate tasks and responsibilities
– Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet research, and other
computer applications as needed.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. Position also involves walking, pushing, pulling,
reaching, bending, stooping.
The director works a 40-hour week, with additional hours as needed for successful completion
of the duties and responsibilities for the position. The director is also on-call, after hours, for
emergencies unless prior arrangements have been approved by the board president/designee.
This is an at-will position and will initially be filled as a temporary (no benefits) employee and
will evolve into a regular position, to include health & welfare benefits, after a period to be
To apply, send cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com; or via
regular mail to: Director Selection Committee, Family Promise of NewRock, P.O. Box 81551,
Conyers, GA 30013. Position will be open until filled